Sedation Dentistry – Lake Highlands, Dallas, TX
Finally Relax at the Dentist’s Office
Why Choose Dr. Jim Miller for Sedation Dentistry?
- More than 30 years of experience
- Safe, effective, and non-invasive techniques
- Can be used with routine or complex procedures
Do you often struggle with dental-related anxiety or fear? Is it difficult to sit still in a treatment chair for long periods of time or restrain your sensitive gag reflex? Has a bad experience in the past made it extremely stressful to schedule further dental treatment? These are all situations where Dr. Miller is likely to recommend sedation dentistry. We want our patients to feel genuinely comfortable during their appointments here in Lake Highlands, and these calming techniques can go a long way towards making this goal a reality.
What Types of Sedation Dentistry Do You Offer?
- Nitrous Oxide – More commonly referred to as “laughing gas,” nitrous oxide is a mild sedative that can help patients enjoy a calmer and more content experience throughout their procedures while still remaining fully aware of our dental team. One of the biggest benefits of choosing nitrous oxide is that the effects wear off quickly after your exposure to the gas is stopped. This means it’s easy to return to work, school, or other obligations without any inconvenient delay.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – For patients who need a stronger sedative option, oral conscious sedation is an excellent choice. We’ll provide a prescription for medication that should be consumed before your visit. Once you’ve arrived at our practice, you will be helped into the treatment chair and made to feel fully comfortable before any work begins. While you will remain awake, it’s likely that memories of the experience will be fuzzy afterward. Please plan to have a trusted friend or family member bring you both to and from the office for safety reasons.